RLE Chamber of Commerce and Civic League
Agenda for April 10, 2023
Open Session: 6:30 PM
Call to order: 6:32 PM Present Excused Absent
|Wendy Stirnaman, President (exp 2024)||X|
|Cathy Scharf, Vice President (exp 2023)||X|
|Tonia Silva, Treasurer (exp 2024)||X|
|Dan Welch, Director (exp 2025)||X|
|Stacy Bastian, Director (exp 2025)||X|
|Anthony Silva, Director (exp 2024)||X|
|Liliette Freeman, Director (exp 2023)||X|
|John Todd, Director (exp 2025)||X|
Quorum Present: yes
|Vianne Todd, Stephan Freeman, Sheena McGowan, Troy Golden|
President Opening Comments: none
Approval of the prior minutes: Tonia motioned, Liliette 2nd .
Treasurer’s Report and approval: Liliette motioned, Wendy 2nd
1.Grant Money: beautification projects (Papa Murphy’s wall) Girl scouts planting Saturday April 15. Papa Murphy’s wants the rest of the building painted.
2. Grant updates (Tonia Silva) 48,000 should be in account by the end of April
3.New logo (John Todd)- still in discussion
4. Mayor’s Race/ mayor’s race social (Cathy, LeeAnn, Wendy) Cathy motioned $200 for desserts, Tonia 2nd.
5. Marketing Event (LeeAnn Williams) was a success, gained memberships
6. Vacant Seat (Wendy)- put on May agenda
7. 4-1 country fair event- lots of interest in Mayor’s race
8. City map cartoon drawing (Tonia) – May agenda
9. Website management/ Stipend (John)May agenda
10.Bylaws (Wendy, Dan, Tonia) May Agenda
- Business of the Month -Sac Sno Shack
- More Business Classes-in lieu of business mixers- still in discussion
- IRS penalty update- all penalties waived.
- Membership update-73 Members
- Ads (LeeAnn)- Still in discussion
- Newsletter prints for farmers Market (LeeAnn) Cathy offered to print.
Other Comments or Concerns
Director Comments: Cathy- mother daughter event at Lifepointe, Country Lions provided 92 easter baskets and meals. Anthony- Rio Java was broken into and the community stepped up to help. Tonia- Grange is launching a youth fair program.
Public Comments: Troy- recommends Canva and Chat GBT classes. Sheena recommended the use of onepassword
Adjourn – 7:48 PM
Next Meeting is May 8th ,2023 at 6:30 P.M
Location- Depot Building 6730 Front St, Rio Linda, C.A. 95673